Ink Droplet Size
1pl/2pl/5pl (C/M), 5pl (Dye BK/Y), 12pl (PgBK)
Printing Resolution (1)
9600 x 2400 dpi
Print Speed (2)
B&W: 15.0 ipm; Colour: 10.0 ipm; 4”X6” photo: Approx. 21 seconds
PGi650BK, CLi651BK, CLi651C, CLi651M, CLi651Y (optional XL ink tanks also available)
Ink Yield (Borderless, 4”X6” photo)
PGI-650BK / XL (2425 / 5616), CLI-651C / XL (121 / 267), CLI-651M / XL (132 / 313), CLI-651Y / XL (130 / 274), CLI-651BK / XL (376 / 1130)
Ink Yield (Plain paper, A4)
PGI-650BK / XL (300 / 500), CLI-651C / XL (332 / 695), CLI-651M / XL (319 / 680), CLI-651Y / XL (344 / 695), CLI-651BK / XL (1795 / 5530)
Borderless Printing (3)
4"x 6", 5"x 7", 8"x10", Letter, A4
Plain Paper Capacity
Supported Paper Sizes (4)
A4, Letter, Legal, A5, B5, Envelopes (DL, COM10), 4"x6", 5"x7", 8"x10"
Supported Paper Weights
Plain Paper: 64-105g/m². Canon specialty paper (max paper weight): approx 300g/m² (PT-101)
Wireless LAN Network Type
IEEE802.11n, IEEE802.11g, IEEE802.11b
Wireless LAN Data Rate
IEEE802.11n: Max.150Mbps; IEEE802.11g: Max. 54 Mbps; IEEE802.11b: Max. 11 Mbps
Wireless LAN Range
Indoor 50m (depends on the transmission speed and conditions)
Wireless LAN Security
WEP64/128bit, WPA-PSK(TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES)
Mobile Phone/Tablet Printing
Print from any iOS or Android mobile device through Canon EPP app, available to download at App Store (Apple) and Play Store (Android). Apple AirPrint also supported.
Camera/Memory Card Printing
WiFi PictBridge Printing with compatible Canon Cameras. Print from Memory Card Slots for direct photo printing. (SD, SDHC, MMC)
Colour document: Approx 14 sec
Up to 99 copies
25% to >400%
Special Copy Functions
Two sided, borderless, 2 on 1, 4 on 1, fit-to-page, disc label, frame erase
Scanning resolution (5)
2400 x 4800 optical dpi
Scanning Bit Depth (Input/ Output)
Greyscale: 16bit/8bit, Colour: 48bit/24bit (RGB each 16bit/8bit)
PIXMA Cloud Link
Online Album Photo Print
Web Template Print
Google Cloud Print
Colour LCD Screen
3.0” /7.5 cm TFT colour LCD Screen
Intelligent Touch System
Dual Paper Path
Win: Windows 8, 7, 7 SP1, Vista, Vista SP1 & SP2, XP SP2 & SP3 (32 bit); Mac: Mac OSX v10.5.08 – 10.8, 10.6, Lion 10.7
Included as Standard
PIXMA MG5460 printer, Setup CD-ROM and operational guide, 5 individual ink tanks, sample photo paper, power cord and Canon warranty card. A-B USB cable to connect to Computer not included.
Easy-PhotoPrint EX, MP Navigator EX, Easy WebPrint EX (IE7+ only), Canon Solution Menu, Adobe RGB, On Screen Manual
AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
Standby (Lamp off, connect to PC via USB): Approx 0.9W, OFF (Connect to PC via USB) 0.3 W, Copying12: Approx 16W
Dimensions (W x D x H)
455 x 369 x 148mm
1. Ink droplets can be placed with a pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
2. Document print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734. Photo print speed is based on the default setting using ISO/JIS-SCID N2 on Photo Paper Plus Glossy II and does not take into
account data processing time on host computer. Print speed may vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc.
3. Paper types NOT supported for borderless printing are as follows: Plain Paper, High Resolution Paper, Photo Stickers, T-Shirt Transfer, Envelope, Fine Art Paper “Photo RagTM”(FA-PR1), Other Fine Art Paper.
4. The paper size that can be fed from the cassette are A4, A5, B5, LTR size.
5. Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.
6. The fastest speed in Hi-Speed USB on Windows PC. Transfer time to computer is not included.
7. Color document scan speed is measured with ISO/IEC 24735 Annex C Test Chart A. Film scan speed is measured with Canon Standard Chart. Scan speed indicates the time measured between pressing the scan button of the scanner driver and
the on-screen status display turns off. Scan speed may vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, scan mode settings and document size etc.
8. Copy speeds are the average of sFCOT and sESAT, ISO/IEC 29183. Copy speed may vary depending on document complexity, copy mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc. and does not take into account warming up time.
9. 1-11 in US, CND, LTN, BRA and TW.
10. When printing ISO/JIS-SCID N2 pattern on 4"x6" Photo Paper Plus Glossy II using default settings.
11. Acoustic Noise is measured based on ISO7779 standard.
12. Copy: When copying ISO/JIS-SCID N2 (printed by inkjet printer) on A4 size plain paper using default settings.
Note: This machine satisfies the test requirements for powder dust, ozone, TVOC, styrene and benzene emissions. Further information in relation to emissions data, return of spare parts or consumables or any specific further information regarding this product can be made available upon request from Technical Services on 0800 222 666 (NZ) or 13 13 83 (AU)