ASUS P8Z77-V-PRO Motherboard - $225.00 - NO LONGER AVAILABLEASUS P8Z77-V PRO MB, Intel Z77, 4x DDR3, 2x PCI-E 3.0, 4x SATA III, 4x USB 3.0, WiFi, GBLAN, 8 CH, D-Sub, DVI-D, DP, HDMI, Quad SLI/CrossFireX, ATX
**Atomic 89%... a competitive offering!**
* Actual product may differ from image
Your Next Z77 Build with Blazing Performance Boosts, Customizable Fan Controls and Remote Control Functions over Wi-Fi
- Dual Intelligent Processors 3 with SMART DIGI+ Power Control
- SMART DIGI+ - Get a Blazing Performance Boost and CPU Wattage Requirements Cut in Half!
- Wi-Fi GO! - DLNA Streaming and Remote Desktop Made Easy
- Fan Xpert 2 - The Most Customizable Fan Controls
- USB 3.0 Boost - Faster USB 3.0 Transmission with UASP
- Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU/3-Way CrossFireX Support!
Dual Intelligent Processors 3 with SMART DIGI+ Technology
The world’s first Dual Intelligent Processors from ASUS pioneered twin onboard chips - TPU (TurboV Processing Unit) and EPU (Energy Processing Unit). Dual Intelligent Processors 3 builds on that foundation with new SMART DIGI+ power control, which includes multiple digital voltage controllers, allowing ultra-precise tuning for the CPU, iGPU and DRAM. It’s upgraded with one-click extreme performance optimization and selectable CPU wattage levels, offering easier power control and better power savings with the user-friendly AI Suite II utility.
TPU plus SMART DIGI+
TPU with the All-New SMART DIGI+ for a Blazing Performance Boost
Always at the forefront of power design, ASUS propels you into the future standard of power management again by SMART DIGI+ Technology, which works with the TPU (TurboV Processing Unit) to ramps up performance to its maximum. Enable the all-new SMART DIGI+ key with a single click and adjust CPU ratios manually in the TPU to increase CPU frequency up to an incredible 85%!
CPU Wattage Cut in Half!
SMART DIGI+ Technology also includes the Smart CPU Power Level profile, which reduces CPU power consumption to a specific indicated wattage with a single click, creating a cooler and quieter PC. With next generation Intel® VRD 12.5 future power technology, ASUS once again leaps to the future of innovation.
ASUS Exclusive Features
It’s a Home Theater, Extra Router and Even Acts a Portable PC on Your Tablet
ASUS Wi-Fi GO! makes enjoying home entertainment easier than ever! Exclusive Wi-Fi functions provide DLNA streaming so you can enjoy a home theater PC, while also providing remote access to your PC with a smart device. ASUS Wi-Fi GO! leads the market by integrating Wi-Fi connectivity, DLNA access and all smart devices with a one-stop utility for a futuristic connected lifestyle.
- Wi-Fi hotspot setup for convenience: quickly set up and connect anywhere at home thanks to instant soft access point and device detection. Build your network without an extra router!
- Turn smartphones and tablets into a remote control:
- Remote Desktop: access your PC from a tablet? No sweat! Control your PC in real-time from a mobile device for complete comfort. This function brings notebook-like convenience, by creating a virtual remote desktop, offering portable access to your data in desktop with a smartphone or pad.
- Motion control your PC: entertaining and customizable! Using natural gestures, you can move directionally to use applications with a smartphone or tablet’s motion sensors. For example, in media players you can fast forward, go next, stop, or create a music playing motion control profile. You can even program sensor scenarios to design your own motion-based game!
- Remote keyboard and mouse: sit back and control your computer by using your tablet’s built-in QWERTY keyboard to type and click !
(Ensure to download Wi-Fi GO! Remote to your smart devices either from Android Market or App store.)
- DLNA streaming made easy: enjoy HD content, music and photos from the PC on your DLNA devices via Wi-Fi connectivity, the perfect match for creating your own home theater!
- Easy file and screenshot transfers:
- File Transfer: send and share files between your PC and smart devices* with only a right click on the mouse.
- Capture & Send: capture and send screen shots from your PC to smart devices directly by pressing the hotkey**
*iPad/iPhone can only send, not receive files from the PC.
**Hotkey set by users.
Fan Xpert 2
Fan Auto Tuning Mode
Seeing an opportunity for more fine-tuned control, Hardware-level ASUS Fan Xpert 2 literally blows away the competition. It provides an exclusive Fan Auto Tuning Mode to scan each fan’s characteristics through the exclusive automatic fan speed detection, giving custom speed settings of each fan with a single click, achieving the best balance of cooling performance and low noise.
RPM Fixed Mode
Fan Xpert 2 also includes an RPM Fixed Mode for users who wish to reduce noise levels to near 0dB with highly specific fan speed control. It reacts to system loads for greater control.
USB 3.0 Boost
Faster USB 3.0 Transmission with UASP
New ASUS USB 3.0 Boost technology supports UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), the latest USB 3.0 standard. With USB 3.0 Boost technology, a USB device's transmission speed is significantly increased up to 170%, adding to an already impressive fast USB 3.0 transfer speed. ASUS software automatically accelerates data speeds for compatible USB 3.0 peripherals without the need for any user interaction. > Click Here to Learn More
- World’s 1st USB 3.0 UASP Support – 170% faster instantly
- Complete USB 3.0 Solution – Performance boost for most USB devices
- Simple Plug & Boost – Auto detection design ensures best performance alway
USB BIOS Flashback
Simple Plug & Press - Hardware-based BIOS Flashback
A truly revolutionary hardware-based update solution. USB BIOS Flashback offers the most convenient way ever to update the BIOS! It allows users to update new UEFI BIOS versions even without hardware such as a CPU or DRAM installed into the motherboard. Just plug in a USB flash drive containing the BIOS file, and press the BIOS Flashback button for 3 seconds with the power supply connected. The UEFI BIOS will then automatically update without requiring further interaction. With its new, complementary Windows application, users can regularly check for UEFI BIOS updates and download the latest BIOS automatically. Hassle-free updating for the ultimate convenience!
* The image beside is for reference. Please see the BIOS Flashback button on the motherboard for actual appearance.
Real-time Network Bandwidth Control
With a single-click on/off button, the application currently in use has its data and network bandwidth prioritized over other programs. Moreover, you can prioritize your favorite software easily by configuring profiles through the intuitive user interface. Within the profile, programs can be pre-scheduled to run in a specific time period to avoid network congestion and long-waits on downloads. Auto PPPoE network connection provides a one-step setup for enhanced online convenience. Overall, it's an intuitive network bandwidth control center.
3X Faster Charging for All Smart Devices
With a dedicated onboard controller, quick-charge all your smart devices such as iProducts. smartphones, tablets and more, all up to 3X faster, even when the PC is powered off, in sleep or hibernation modes.
ASUS UEFI BIOS offers the first mouse-controlled graphical BIOS designed with selectable modes, providing a user-friendly interface that goes beyond traditional keyboard-only controls. It also natively supports fully-utilized hard drives larger than 2.2TB in 64-bit operating systems.
ASUS Exclusive Interface
EZ Mode displays frequently-accessed info. Users can choose system performance settings and drag and drop boot priorities. Advanced Mode for performance enthusiasts includes detailed DRAM settings via a dedicated memory info page for complete insight.
New Upgrade! Quick and Easy Info for Enhanced System Control
- F12 BIOS snapshot hotkey for sharing UEFI setup info and troubleshooting
- New F3 Shortcut for most accessed info
- ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) Information for accessing memory info, detecting faulty DIMMs and helping with difficult POST situations
LucidLogix Virtu MVP
Up to 60% Hybrid Graphics Boost and 3X Faster Video Conversion
LucidLogix Virtu MVP featuring HyperFormance™ Technology boosts your discrete graphics card up to 60% beyond its original performance through the test of 3DMark Vantage. Designed for Intel® processor graphics and Windows® 7 PCs, it perfectly combines the performance of discrete graphics cards with fast computing iGPU. Also with the newly designed Virtual Sync, users can enjoy a smoother gaming experience by eliminating tearing artifacts. LucidLogix Virtu MVP could also dynamically assign tasks to the best available graphics resource, based on power, performance and system load. This allows users to fully utilize 3x faster video conversion with Intel® Quick Sync Video technology while retaining high-end 3D rendering and gaming performance, provided by both NVIDIA® and AMD graphic cards. When the discrete graphics card is not required, power consumption goes automatically down to near zero, making the system more environmentally-friendly. For users searching for perfection, LucidLogix Virtu MVP provides great graphical performance and the best flexibility and efficiency.
* LucidLogix® Virtu Universal MVP™ supports Windows® 7 operating system.
** Intel® Quick Sync Video feature is supported by 3rd/2nd generation Intel® Core™ processor family.
*** System Config: OS: Windows 7 64bit SP1 | MB: P8Z77-V DELUXE | CPU: CPU-1155-QB15-2700K-3.5G-Sandy BRIDGE100-8M |DIMM: DDR3 G.SKILL 17000CL9Q-16GBZH 4GB * 4 | Lucidvirtu MVP version: V188.8.131.5297 | On-board Intel VGA Driver version: V184.108.40.20698 | ASUS GTX580 Driver version: V220.127.116.1162
Latest Transfer Technology
PCIe 3.0 Ready
The latest PCI Express bus standard delivers improved encoding for twice the performance of current PCIe 2.0. Total bandwidth for a x16 link reaches a maximum of 32GB/s, double the 16GB/s of PCIe 2.0 (in x16 mode). PCIe 3.0 provides users unprecedented data speeds, combined with the convenience and seamless transition offered by complete backward compatibility with PCIe 1.0 and PCIe 2.0 devices. It’s a must-have feature for PC users aiming to improve and optimize graphics performance, as well as have the latest, most future-proof technology.
*This motherboard is ready to support PCIe 3.0 SPEC. Functions will be available when using PCIe 3.0-compliant devices. Please refer to www.asus.com for updated details.
Complete USB 3.0 Integration
Double USB Access, Double Convenience
ASUS facilitates strategic USB 3.0 accessibility for both the front and rear panel - 8 USB 3.0 ports in total. Experience the latest plug & play connectivity at speeds up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0. This motherboard affords greater convenience to high speed connectivity.
Extra SATA 6Gb/s Supports
Extra Ports, Extra Speed and Accessibility
The Intel® Z77 Express chipset natively supports the next-generation Serial ATA (SATA) interface, delivering up to 6Gb/s data transfers. ASUS provides extra SATA 6Gb/s ports with enhanced scalability, faster data retrieval and double the bandwidth of current bus systems.
ASUS Crystal Sound
Expand Your PC Audio Experience
To get the most out of your audio entertainment across all formats and quality levels, DTS Connect combines two enabling technologies. DTS Neo:PC™ upmixes stereo sources (CDs, MP3s, WMAs, internet radio) into as many as 7.1 channels of incredible surround sound. Consumers can then connect their PC to a home theater system.DTS Interactive is capable of performing multi-channel encoding of DTS bitstreams on personal computers, and sending encoded bitstreams out of a digital audio connection (such as S/PDIF or HDMI) designed to deliver audio to an external decoder.
DTS UltraPC II
DTS UltraPC II delivers exceptional 7.1 surround through the most popular PC audio setups - your existing stereo speakers or headphones. In addition to virtual surround, it upgrades original sound to new levels with Audio Restoration, recreating the dynamic range of audio files. Symmetry mode improves the balance of perceived loudness across different input sources and Enhance boosts audio quality through high and low frequency equalization. With these technologies, users experience better home theater audio with ease.
CPU, Chipset and Graphics Features
LGA1155 Intel® 3rd/2nd Generation Processors Ready
This motherboard supports Intel® 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor-based platform and 2nd generation Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors, with iGPU, memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, 2-channel (4 DIMM) DDR3 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes. This provides great graphics performance. Intel® 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor-based platform and 2nd generation Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors are among the most powerful and energy efficient CPUs in the world.
Intel® Z77 Express Chipset
The Intel® Z77 Express Chipset is a single-chipset design to support socket 1155 Intel® 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor-based platform and 2nd generation Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, Z77 chipset provides 4 USB 3.0 ports for 10 times faster data retrieval speed. Moreover, Intel® Z77 Express Chipset can also enable iGPU function, letting users enjoy the latest Intel® integrated graphic performance.
Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support!
Flexible Multi-GPU Solutions, Your Weapon of Choice! P8Z77-V PRO brings you the multi-GPU choice of either SLI™ or CrossFireX. The motherboard features the most powerful Intel® Z77 platform to optimize PCIe allocation in multiple GPU configurations. Expect a brand-new gaming style you’ve never experienced before!
P8Z77-V PRO Product Overview
Other ASUS Features
Achieve extreme yet stable overclocking results automatically
The Ultimate Turbo Processor
Energy Efficiency All Around
Quickly ensures memory boot compatibility.
100% Japan-made Solid Cap
Uses 100% Japan-made Solid Capacitor.
AI Suite II
One-stop Access to Innovative ASUS Features
Fanless Heatsink Design
Stylish heatsink features 0-dB thermal solution that offers a noiseless PC environment.
ASUS Q-Design enhances your DIY experience!
CPU Intel® Socket 1155 for 3rd/2nd Generation Processors
Supports Intel® 22 nm CPU
Supports Intel® 32 nm CPU
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
* The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
Chipset Intel® Z77 Memory 4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
* Refer to www.asus.com or user manual for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
Graphic Integrated Graphics Processor
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DVI/RGB/DisplayPort ports
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Supports DVI with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Supports RGB with max. resolution 2048 x 1536 @ 75 Hz
- Supports DisplayPort with max. resolution 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
Supports Intel® HD Graphics, InTru™ 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology, Insider™
Multi-GPU Support Supports NVIDIA® Quad-GPU SLI™ Technology *1
Supports AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology
Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™ Technology
Supports LucidLogix® Virtu™ MVP Technology *2
Expansion Slots 2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8) *3
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode, black)
2 x PCIe 2.0 x1 *4
2 x PCI
Storage Intel® Z77 chipset :
2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray
4 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), blue
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
Supports Intel® Smart Response Technology, Intel® Rapid Start Technology, Intel® Smart Connect Technology *5
ASMedia® PCIe SATA controller : *6
2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), navy blue
LAN Intel® 82579V, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
Intel® LAN- Dual interconnect between the Integrated LAN controller and Physical Layer (PHY)
Wireless Data Network Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
Supports single band frequency 2.4GHz
Audio Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
Audio Feature :
- Absolute Pitch 192kHz/ 24-bit True BD Lossless Sound
- DTS Ultra PC II
- DTS Connect
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
USB Ports ASMedia® USB 3.0 controller : *7
4 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue, 2 at mid-board)
Intel® Z77 chipset : *7
4 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue, 2 at mid-board)
Intel® Z77 chipset :
10 x USB 2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, black, 8 at mid-board)
Overclocking Features Overclocking Protection :
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
Special Features ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors 3 - SMART DIGI+ Power Control :
SMART DIGI+ :
- Smart DIGI+ Key- quickly delivers higher VRM frequency, voltage and current for superior CPU/iGPU/DRAM overclocking performance with one switch.
- Smart CPU Power Level (Intel® VRD 12.5 Future Power Design)- provides the best digital power saving conditions.
ASUS TPU :
- Auto Tuning
- GPU Boost
- TPU switch
ASUS EPU :
- EPU switch
ASUS Digital Power Design :
- Industry leading Digital 16 Phase Power Design
(12 -phase for CPU, 4 -phase for iGPU)
- Industry leading Digital 2 Phase DRAM Power Design
- CPU Power Utility
- DRAM Power Utility
ASUS Wi-Fi GO!
- Wi-Fi GO! Function: DLNA Media Hub, Smart Motion Control, Remote Desktop, Remote Keyboard & Mouse, File Transfer, Capture & Send *8
- Wi-Fi GO! Remote for portable Smartphone/Tablet, supporting iOS & Android systems
- Wi-Fi Engine for network sharing and connection: Client Mode, AP Mode
ASUS Exclusive Features :
- USB BIOS Flashback
- AI Suite II
- Ai Charger+
- USB Charger+
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode featuring friendly graphics user interface
- Network iControl
- USB 3.0 Boost
- Disk Unlocker
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
- Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution
- ASUS Fan Xpert 2
ASUS EZ DIY :
- ASUS O.C. Tuner
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 2
ASUS Q-Design :
- ASUS Q-Shield
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- ASUS Q-Connector
Back I/O Ports 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
1 x DVI-D
1 x D-Sub
1 x DisplayPort
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
4 x USB 3.0
2 x USB 2.0
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
6 x Audio jack(s)
1 x WLAN connector(s) for ASUS wireless module
Internal I/O Ports 2 x USB 3.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 3.0 port(s) (19-pin)
4 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 8 USB 2.0 port(s)
4 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
4 x SATA 3Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s)
4 x Chassis Fan connector(s)
1 x Optional Fan connector(s)
1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x System panel(s)
1 x MemOK! button(s)
1 x TPU switch(es)
1 x EPU switch(es)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
1 x USB BIOS Flashback button(s)
Accessories User's manual
2 x SATA 3Gb/s cable(s)
2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x SLI bridge(s)
1 x Q-connector(s) (2 in 1)
1 x ASUS Wi-Fi GO! card(s)
1 x Wi-Fi Ring Moving Antenna(s)
BIOS 64 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.5, ACPI 2.0a, Multi-language BIOS,
ASUS EZ Flash 2, ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3, F12 PrintScreen, F3 Shortcut Function and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information
Manageability WfM 2.0, DMI 2.0, WOL by PME, PXE Support Disc Drivers
Anti-virus software (OEM version)
Form Factor ATX Form Factor
12 inch x 9.6 inch ( 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm )
Note *1: With 2 PCIex16 graphics card.
*2: LucidLogix Virtu MVP supports Windows 7 operating systems.
*3: PCIe 3.0 speed is supported by Intel® 3rd generation Core™ processors.
*4: The PCIe x1_2 shares bandwidth with SATA6G_E12. SATA6G_E12 is enabled by default for system resource optimization.
*5: Supports on Intel® Core™ processor family with Windows 7 operating systems.
*6: These SATA ports are for data hard drivers only. ATAPI devices are not supported.
*7-1: Supports ASUS USB 3.0 Boost UASP Mode.
*7-2: The USB 3.0 ports only support Windows® 7 or later versions.
*8: Available with V1.01.00 or later.
- : Item available in that store.
- : Item available in another store, can be transferred for free within 24-48hrs.
- ETA: Estimated Time of Arrival to Scorptec Clayton, subject to change.
- ETA (days/weeks): We do not have this product in stock – it will take the specified time period to arrive into stock, assuming the supplier has stock on hand.
- ETA: UNKNOWN: Product is on back-order and is not currently available.