Linksys WAP610N Wireless-N Access Point - $119.00 - NO LONGER AVAILABLELinksys WAP610N Wireless-N Access Point
* Actual product may differ from image
Dual-Band Wireless-N Access Point
The Dual-Band Wireless-N Access Point is designed to add wireless capability to your existing wired network, or upgrade older wireless networks to Wireless-N performance. Use the 2.4GHz band to connect to many classic wireless devices, or use the less-crowded 5GHz band to avoid interference and reduce glitches when gaming or streaming video.
As your family gets more technologically savvy and your network traffic gets more media-centric, the Dual-Band Wireless-N Access Point upgrades your existing wired-only or Wireless-G network to today's most advanced wireless standard. Wireless-N can deliver the bandwidth you need for smoother gaming, streaming video, VoIP telephony, and websurfing. And you're up and running in no time with the Windows and Mac compatible Setup Wizard.
Fast and Far
Wireless Speed and Range
The Dual-Band Wireless-N Access Point uses the very latest wireless networking technology, Wireless-N. By overlaying the signals of multiple radios, Wireless-N's "Multiple In, Multiple Out" (MIMO) technology multiplies the effective data rate.
- Works in either the 2.4 or 5 gigahertz radio bands
- Use the 2.4GHz band to connect to many classic wireless devices like game consoles, older notebooks, DVRs, media players, etc.
- Or use the less-crowded 5GHz band to help avoid interference with 2.4GHz networks or noisy devices like cordless phones and microwave ovens
- Both bands use Wireless-N technology for more robust speed and range, and more complete coverage throughout your home
- Optimized for streaming HD video
- Advanced Digital Signal Processor helps reduce video glitches
- Special algorithms (Low Density Parity Check and Maximum Likelihood Equalizer) for higher throughput for a given range
- The perfect partner to the Wireless-N Ethernet Bridge (WET610N) for wireless video streaming
- Also connects to Wireless-G, -B, or -A devices
- Double Channel Width mode doubles the throughput
- Specially designed internal antennas provide great range in an attractive, sleek case that looks good in any room
On-time delivery with QoS
To deliver your time-sensitive traffic efficiently, the Access Point features Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities. QoS tells your network to give priority to packets in time-sensitive streams like Voice (VoIP) or media (audio or video), so that these types of applications can deliver less garbled conversations and smoother digital video. The Access Point supports Wi-Fi MultiMedia (WMM) for automatic prioritization of traffic into four service levels.
Safe and Sound
To help protect your data and privacy, the Router can encrypt all wireless transmissions with the latest industrial-strength 128-bit encryption.
- Choose the wireless security of WEP, WPA and WPA2 Personal, or WPA and WPA2 Enterprise (RADIUS)
- Prevent or permit specific wireless devices from accessing the network by listing their MAC address
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ support
- Just push the button on the Access Point and on your other Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ enabled wireless device to automatically create a WPA2 secured wireless connection
- AP Isolation mode segregates the wireless devices on your network so they can communicate with the Access Point but not with each other
- Model: WAP610N
- Standards: IEEE 802.3u, 802.11g, 802.11b, 802.11a, draft 802.11n
- LEDs: Power, Ethernet, Wi-Fi Protected Setup™, Wireless
- Ports: Ethernet, Power
- Buttons: Reset, Wi-Fi Protected Setup™
- Cabling Type: Cat 5
- # of Antennas: 3 (internal)
- Detachable (y/n): No
- Modulations: 802.11a: OFDM/BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM
802.11b: CCK/QPSK, BPSK
802.11g: OFDM/BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM
802.11n: OFDM/BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM
- RF Power (EIRP) in dBm: 802.11a: 15dBm (typical) @ 54Mbps
802.11b: 18dBm (typical) @ 11Mbps
802.11g: 16dBm (typical) @ 54Mbps
802.11n: 12dBm (typical) @ 130Mbps (HT20), 270Mbps (HT40)
- Receive Sensitivity in dBm: 802.11a: -72dBm (typical) @ 54Mbps
802.11b: -85dBm (typical) @ 11Mbps
802.11g: -73dBm (typical) @ 54Mbps
802.11n: -70dBm (typical) @ MCS15/2.4GHz, -69dBm (typical) @ MCS15/5.0GHz
- Antenna Gain in dBi: 1.58 (max) for 2.4 GHz and 1.45 (max) for 5 GHz
- Wireless Security: WEP, Wi-Fi Protected Access™ 2 (WPA2), Wireless MAC Filtering
- Security key bits: Up to 128-bit Encryption
- OS Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, or Vista 64-bit Edition with latest updates (for Setup Wizard only)
- Add a Wireless-N (802.11n draft 2.0) network to an existing wired or wireless router
- Complies with IEEE 802.11n draft 2.0 (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), 802.11g, 802.11b and 802.11a standards
- Wi-Fi certiied to ensure interoperability
- Industrial-strength wireless encryption WPA2™ to ensure security
- Easy-to-use setup wizard
- Equipped with one 10/100 auto-crossover (MDI/MDI-X) port
- Dimensions 5.71" x 4.17" x 2.05" (145mm x 106mm x 52mm)
- Weight 5.61 oz (159 g)
- Power 12V, 1A
- Certiication FCC, UL/cUL, ICES-003, RSS210, Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/draft n), PA2™, Wi-Fi Protected Setup™, WMM®, CE
- Operating Temp. 0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F)
- Storage Temp. -20 to 60°C (-4 to 140°F)
- Operating Humidity 10 to 85% Noncondensing
- Storage Humidity 5 to 90% Noncondensing
- Wireless-N Access Point with Dual-Band
- Setup Software and User Guide on CD-ROM
- Quick Installation Guide
- Network Cable
- Power Adapter
- Wired or Wireless Router
- Wireless Network Adapter or Wireless Ethernet Bridge (802.11g, 802.11b, 802.11a, or draft 802.11n compliant)
- Internet Explorer 6, or Firefox 2 or Higher for Browser-based Coniguration
- PC with CD-ROM Drive (for Setup Wizard only)
- Setup Wizard requires Windows XP, Vista, or Vista 64-bit Edition with Latest Updates
Maximum performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance can vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range and coverage. Performance depends on many factors, conditions and variables, including distance from the access point, volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, operating system used, mix of wireless products used, interference and other adverse conditions.
- : Item available in that store.
- : Item available in another store, can be transferred for free within 24-48hrs.
- ETA: Estimated Time of Arrival to Scorptec Clayton, subject to change.
- ETA (days/weeks): We do not have this product in stock – it will take the specified time period to arrive into stock, assuming the supplier has stock on hand.
- ETA: UNKNOWN: Product is on back-order and is not currently available.